The Importance of Information Audits
Allows the company to generate:
- A knowledge base that can be re-used.
- A knowledge base that can set strategy.
- A knowledge base that can identify future directions and new opportunities.
Benefits of an Information Audit:
- better use of intellectual assets.
- Make better use of external information.
- Avoid inconsistencies and duplication.
- Help to make business processes more effective.
- Improvement of information flows.
- Avoid information overload.
- Save real time and money through efficiencies.
- Gain a better awareness of information as an asset.
- Be more creative and innovative.
10 Key Aims of an Information Audit
- what info is created.
- Identify who creates this info.
- In what format is the info created.
- Who authorises the info.
- Who uses the info.
- How is the info used (purpose).
- Where & how is the info stored.
- Who maintains/updates the info.
- What gaps are there in the info need.
- What info management duplication is there.